Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Awesome OG Gaians~

Back to Guilds

---Contest-Adults over 18+- Contest- 

Tags: Over 18 Adult, Contest-Fun, A mellow peaceful place, No politics allowed, A place to hang-out 

Reply 12. ✧ Chatterbox✧
What does it mean to be rich on Gaia?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cassowary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:59 am


Hi there! Old user that comes back occasionally.
I've been back since the inflation but I'm still not really sure what quantifies as rich on Gaia anymore. Even 100k plat goes pretty fast. Wondering what you all think.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:20 pm


Well, I don’t like to brag, but what it feels like being rich on Gaia is like it feels being rich in real life: a true sense of freedom and not having to worry about the price of anything holding you back. In the world, money buys your freedom and we must be good stewardesses over it. We are not to lust over it. But to use it responsibly. It allows us to do a lot more than if we didn’t have enough of it.

Now as far as what “rich” is on Gaia, I think it’s relative. What’s rich to one is so-so to another. It used to be greater than 2 commas before the hyperinflation era. But now, we have contests in this guild that give that away easily just for having a banner in your signature for a month. I figure if your account is full of the original monthly collectibles, envelopes, and items that are collectible you’re at least sitting on a small fortune. And now with the inventory calculator you can get a better idea of how much your account is worth. Add in your platinum and you’ll get a rough idea of how rich you are.

The Unknown Shadow

Snowball Sharpshooter

14,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50

A wild Karen bit me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:11 am


I don't think it means much. CB regs are notorious for hacking items & gold and manipulating the marketplace. There was a huge ban wave just a couple years ago. Admins seem to have given up on fixing bugs and errors. Their focus is just on the Cash Shop as the community steadily dwindles away. The site seems broken now. They just increased the amount of platinum you get in an attempt to combat the inflation problem. You can easily make massive sums of gold/plat with basic activities.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:31 pm


There was a thread about this in the GD forum... I guess it means nothing with the ability to buy cash shop items and sell them for thousands of platinum.
I agree with Dark Mage.

The Demon Naamah

Antique Gaian


Angel Spirit Girl

Heavenly Seraph

43,675 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:02 pm


A million plat seems small potatoes -- at least if you are looking at rarer items. Most gold shop stuff is one plat - even less if you switch to gold for a shopping spree.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:15 pm


Well, I think that in a Gaia post-inflation being rich means more having a bunch of items you can use (and hopefully you got them when they have at least one listing) than having tons of plat.


TheJesterGuy


Aged Gaian


Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:04 pm


Gaia has released so many items that even if I am rich I don't care. I have enough stuff. Gaia is not in real life where there are essentials spending like food, education, home...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:42 pm


I think it's hard to define what "Gaia rich" is anymore. In my perspective, it's less about the amount of gold or platinum and more about having hard-to-get items (items that rarely go up for sale and are difficult to get ahold of). And having enough gold/plat on hand to be able to purchase pretty much anything on a whim.


a Clockwork Science


Kawaii Sweetheart

Reply
12. ✧ Chatterbox✧

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//